Saturday, March 5, 2016

SOL#5

Ranting about fiction

Dear books,

Your fiction, why does every twist and turn wrench my heart out. Why does every thing that you say make me need more. Why do I care so much about the characters even though they aren't even real. Why do I want to jump into the story and fix everything they are doing wrong? Why must you make me look up to people who don't exist and make me want to travel places I can't go. Fiction, why do you decide my worst enemies, best friends and true loves (lol). Why do I have to dive into a different world every time I turn the page. Why do some simple words on a page mean so, so much? How can black text make me want to run and hide, scream, cry, laugh, or shout with pride. How can simple words on a page show the best and worst of people. How do you know the traits that I hate in everyone and how can you put them into characters? How can you make the protagonist seem like me even though you have no idea who I am? How does this work? How can fictional people and places seem like the most important things in the world. How can looking at little black letters let me filter out the whole world? How do you make me feel this way. ITS NOT EVEN REAL.. but it is even more important than everything that is. How does falling into a different world seem so much better than everything else. Why do you make me care so much? I'm so confused.

-me



2 comments:

  1. I like how you represent all of my thoughts on fiction in one post. I agree that it's not even real but it makes us care a lot. It's a really creative idea. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful idea for a post and so well executed! As I read it, I thought of a character or plot twist or book that went with each question. Keep slicing!

    ReplyDelete