Monday, March 7, 2016

SOL #7

Cold

My hands are numb
especially my thumb,
And my toes are cold
and as I'm told
I could get hypothermia.

But this is fun,
Even without the sun.
And 
Look!
We got there.
Finally.

Snowshoes off 
I need to cough
Sinking 
deeper 
deeper 
deeper
The hill manages to get steeper

And then we hit

Water

Frozen cold 
I scramble out 
and I shout 
Falling 
falling 

Slipping
Tumbling

But then I land 
and sit
Under a tree,
My head on a shoulder,
Finally.

We scramble on boulders
as we get colder,

straight to the fire
feeling so dire,
I wish I was dryer

Shhowueeee!!!

Still gone are snowshoes 
I'm sure I have a bruise,

Running,

Sliping.

Falling.

Back to the bus,
In quite a rush
Finally 
Sitting
Smiling
My head on a shoulder 

Finally 

My 
fingers
toes
hands
feet 
heart 
are

Warm

4 comments:

  1. This is so good and descriptive!! You can tell that it is really cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, this, ah, perfectly describes our trip. I like how you break up the lines in a way so that the line length undulates nicely. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super good!!!! I can totally picture all of this, especially the water ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I liked how you rhymed!

    ReplyDelete