Saturday, March 12, 2016

SOL #12

Wind pushes my hair back and my shirt flits around my body. Tears form in my eyes from wind pushing against them and my legs ache. Faster, faster, I think. My feet grind the petals as I bike through cold air. The wind burns in my lungs and I go faster. With every bump my bell dings and I pass familiar buildings. I turn onto the bike lane and race the cars. My legs hurt from pedaling as fast as I can go. I turn off at the school, do a lap there, and go back to the street. I then go to the bakery near my house, do a lap at that block, and keep going. Onto busy and side streets. The time flies by like the wind. I turn around sharply and head back home. Past the A streets, and B streets. Going all the way past E, to my street. I turn and bump in along the ally. Three miles, forty minutes. For the first time in months, I get off my bike, legs slightly tingling, and run inside.

3 comments:

  1. I loved the descriptive words that you use! great slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The emotions and visuals in this piece are very raw, giving it a gritty, real feeling. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know where and what you are talking about. Nice job describing this!

    ReplyDelete