Wednesday, March 2, 2016

SOL #2

The music thuds along with my heart beat. 

One... Two... Three...

I can feel my thoughts slowly slip away as I try to focus on putting my feet in the right places at the right time.

One... Two... Three...

Everyday worries slowly slip away and I picture a crowd and a big stage.

One... Two... Three...

I twirl and leap and my thoughts seem to flow out behind me, a rainbow of worries

One... Two... Three...

The rainbow twirls out the open window as my thoughts slip away and all I think is

One... Two... Three...

One foot, two feet, jump, land

One... Two... Three...

My hair flows behind me and I see my reflection in the mirror, I try to make my leaps higher, my splits wider as I twirl along the floor.

One... Two... Three...

I dip low, and move my arms out. I stretch my leg high and swirl back up and around.

One... Two... Three...

I try to follow the beat, imagining I'm back on point with a crowd cheering me on.

One... Two... Three...

I trip, but catch myself as the music ends, the memories flooding back with a thud as I realize I am not as good at dancing as I used to be. The rainbows comes in the window, fading to black as it leaks back into my head. I sit on my bedroom floor, remembering the days I took ballet. 

I quit, but I still dance to get away from myself.


7 comments:

  1. This was really fun to read. Nice slice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good! Like your repetitive beat

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was really cool! Nice idea to use for a slice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I can really imagine what you are talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a very creative slice! The way you separated each move with, 'One... Two... Three...'

    ReplyDelete