Thursday, March 24, 2016

SOL #24

footsteps echo
in empty driveways
followed by
the ever so quiet roar
of car wheels rolling through puddles
small steps, worrying about
falling into slush.
Slowly
carefully
as footsteps echo
in empty sidewalks.
Small splashes
as I
travel through puddles,
footsteps echoing in the alley.
Jogging ever so, slightly
In the barely shoveled snow
Footsteps echoing
then stopping
when a fallen tree
blocks
the path.
Splashing footsteps
into a slushy street, avoiding
what has broken in the storm.
Just me,
and footsteps echoing in empty driveways
as other think its too cold.
Just me,
and my thoughts
and my dog,
wandering,
through empty driveways,
all the while
footsteps echoing

4 comments:

  1. This is kind of scary but also really cool! I like that you repeated the title so often throughout the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! (This is my standard beginning to poem comments, as I think someone has noticed.) This is really nice. Even though there isn't a ton of action, you take a lot of time setting the scene, which worked really well. And the not-capitalizing part is also cool, it adds to the feel. I can practically see it. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You d a good job of gradually setting the scene to slowly reveal what it was like there. I agree with Maia that even though it isn't action packed, you still want to know more about where they are and it works well. Your line breaks and punctuation choices also work really well with the theme. Nice poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely written. I like the feeling that you created with your words. Well done.

    ReplyDelete